The adventure of home brewing...beer is art...this is how we shall define it.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
What's in a Name
I started brewing in late January 2013. I had been thinking about it for a while. The summer of 2012 I was a groomsman for one of my old roommates. He had been brewing his own beer for about a year and I was intrigued. I mulled over the idea of brewing my own...but hesitated...it is an expensive hobby to start. I spent New Year's at another buddies apartment. He had been brewing with a Mr. Beer kit for a few months. I kept going back and forth on the idea and finally ordered my first Mr. Beer kit. And thus began my new obsession...
Every good brewer needs a name by which to call himself. I had about a week until my kit came in the mail and so I started to toss around some ideas. I don't remember what all came out of my mind...but I ultimately decided to use my vigil name. I had used part of it in the past to identify myself...infact...that is my blogger name, "Aschowin". The other half of my vigil name "Keechitt Anicus" translates to "Little Chipmunk". I thought it would be cool to use the rest of the name and...it gave me a sort of mascot to use for labeling/branding my beers.
A simple name for what I hope to be amazing beer. So far so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment